home repair and preservation program
The purpose of the Home Repair & Preservation Program is to offer a variety of housing improvement options to homeowners who are struggling to maintain their homes. Families are selected based on need, ability to pay, and willingness to partner with Habitat.
A BRUSH WITH KINDNESS (ABWK)
The A Brush with Kindness program is designed to revitalize the appearance of the neighborhood through exterior fixes like painting and brush/trash removal.
CRITICAL HOME REPAIR (CHR)
Our Critical Home Repair program includes work that extends the life of a house and increases safety, accessibility, or quality of life for the homeowner.
TO QUALIFY FOR HOME REPAIR AND PRESERVATION SERVICES:
- Must be homeowner and live in the home that needs repairs
- Demonstrate need for repairs
- Meet income guidelines (table on application form)
- Be able to afford an additional monthly payment for the repair loan in addition to current monthly housing costs (mortgage, insurance, taxes, etc.)
- Volunteer sweat equity hours to the project
For further information, see the information sheet or please call 509-962-5058